The graceful ruins of Dryburgh Abbey nestle secluded in woodland by the River Tweed. The abbey was established by Premonstratensian canons in 1150. Hugh de Moreville, Constable of Scotland and Lord of Lauderdale, had invited them to this idyllic spot from Alnwick Priory, Northumberland. Moreville was himself an incomer from England. Dryburgh became the premier house in Scotland of the French order, which was established by St Norbert of Xanten in 1121 at Prémontré. Its six Scottish houses also included Whithorn Priory.
Dryburgh, St Boswell's, Melrose, Scottish Borders TD6 0RQ Scotland
01835 822 381https://www.historicenvironment.scot/visit-a-place/places/dryburgh-abbey/
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit