The priory was founded in 1230 by Sir Duncan MacDougall, of the family of the Lords of Lorn. The Monks were of the Valliscaulian order, the mother house being in the Val des Choux in Burgundy. Today the ruins of the priory church, now in the care of Historic Scotland, can be seen by accessing them through the garden. A considerable collection of early stones are on display as well as those still in situ within the ruins.
Ardchattan Priory Garden, Oban, Argyll and Bute PA37 1RQ Scotland
0131 668 8600https://www.historicenvironment.scot/visit-a-place/places/ardchattan-priory/getting-there/
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit