Two eighteenth-century houses were converted between 1905 and 1906 to create Penrith Town Hall. Built in 1792 in the style of Robert Adam. The conversion, to the design of a local man J. J. Knewstubb, provoked lively debate and co-founder of the National Trust, Canon Rawnsley, pleaded successfully for the retention of several features. Today it functions as the Council Chamber and offices of Eden District Council.
Penrith Mansion House
Corney Square, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7QF England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit