Queen Victoria gave permission for Barrow to run its own affairs in 1867. Barrow by then had grown from a small village to a large town. Building work for Barrow's purpose-built Town Hall started in 1882 and formally opened in 1887. It is still used today as the Council's political and administrative hub.
Barrow-in-Furness Town Hall
Duke Street, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 2LD England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit