Due to Covid-19 restrictions, venues and exhibitions are closed until further notice. We recommend checking with the venues' own websites for up-to-date information. The Herrick family had the present Beaumanor Hall built in the 1840s, in an Elizabethan style, by the architect William Railton. During the Second World War the War Office requisitioned the Beaumanor Estate for war work and it became a strategic intercept station, known as a 'Y station'. Enemy radio transmissions were intercepted and the information was sent everyday by motorbike to Bletchley Park, 'Station X', for decryption and analysis. When the estate was sold in 1946 the War Office bought the hall and some of the land.
Beaumanor Hall, Leicestershire County Council Museums Service
Beaumanor Hall, Woodhouse, Loughborough, Leicestershire LE12 8TX England
0116 232 3232http://www.leics.gov.uk/beaumanorhall
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit