Vestry House Museum is located in historic Walthamstow village. Originally built as a workhouse in 1730, the Grade II listed building has since been a police station and a private house, before it opened as a Museum in 1931.
The Museum holds an extensive collection of prints and a growing collection of drawings, watercolours and paintings. They relate to the history of the London Borough of Waltham Forest, including the historic areas of Chingford, Leyton, Leytonstone and Walthamstow. Highlights include oils by First World War artist Haydn Mackey, who taught at Walthamstow School of Art.