Verdant Works, built in 1833, is the last working jute mill in Scotland. It is an A-listed building and a rare surviving example of an early 19th-century courtyard-style mill. Verdant Works tells the story of Dundee's textile industries, from the early days of 18th-century flax weaving, through the introduction and rise of jute production to the present day and the manufacture of man-made fibres. The Trust’s art collection is both stored and displayed at Verdant Works. The collection represents Dundee and its heritage. The most significant group of oil paintings is a collection of landscapes and townscapes of Dundee and the surrounding area, by Charles Gustav Louis Phillips that was bequeathed to Dundee Heritage Trust by the artist’s son, William S. Phillips, in 2002. To those interested in Dundee’s maritime history, of particular note are 'Dundee Docks', painted in 1898, and the painting 'Dundee Harbour'. The Collection also contains a portrait of Phillips by the noted Dundee artist Stewart Carmichael.