In 1896 Andrew Usher gave a gift of £100,000 to the City of Edinburgh to found a concert hall which was opened in 1914. Recently upgraded with money from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Usher Hall houses over 40 works of art from the City Council's art collection. These range from late nineteenth-century landscapes to contemporary work, and include works by William Gillies, John Maxwell and Victoria Crowe.
Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH1 2EA Scotland
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit