This beautiful Georgian house, overlooking Montrose Basin, was built in 1730 by William Adam for David Erskine, the 13th Laird of Dun, and is surrounded by fabulous Victorian gardens. The house features superb plasterwork – a particularly memorable feature. Outside, enjoy the attractive walled garden and woodland walks. Significant work has recently been carried out at the property, including putting on display the exceptional collection of twentieth-century Scottish paintings given to the National Trust for Scotland by Douglas Hutchison in 1999.
The National Trust for Scotland, House of Dun
Montrose, Angus DD10 9LQ Scotland
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit