The original Mansion House in Queen Square was destroyed in the Bristol Riots of 1831 and although replaced by a second house in Great George Street, this was closed in 1835 under the drastic economies forced on the City Council by the Municipal Corporations Act. Not until 1874 did Bristol acquire its third and present Mansion House, the gift of Alderman Thomas Proctor. The House was designed by George and Henry Godwin in 1867 and originally named 'Elmdale'.
The Mansion House, Bristol City Council
Clifton Down, Bristol, Bristol BS8 3LJ England
0117 903 1451http://www.mansionhousebristol.co.uk
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit