The Fusilier Museum London tells the story of a British infantry regiment formed by King James II at the Tower of London in 1685. The Fusilier Museum was established in 1962 to care for the growing collection of items of historic interest owned by the Regiment and to interpret these objects for the wider public. The museum is based at the Tower of London, in a building originally designed as Officer's living quarters. Today the building also houses the Regimental Headquarters and Officers' Mess and so the museum maintains strong links with the living Regiment and serving Fusiliers.
The oil paintings form a relatively small but none-the-less significant part of the museum's collection. Many of the oils are portraits, and provide a visual record of former Colonel's of the Regiment, from 'Colonel George Legge, Lord Dartmouth Colonel 7th Royal Regiment of Fusiliers (1685–1689)' to 'General Sir Kenneth Darling, Colonel Royal Fusiliers (1963–1968)'. Stories of these men are an integral part of the history of the Regiment.