The Amelia brings together key community facilities including the Museum, Art Gallery, Library and Registration, Adult Education Centre, Tourist Information and Council Customer Services. The collection was founded by the Tunbridge Wells Natural History and Philosophical Society in 1885. Oil paintings were primarily acquired after 1952 when the Ashton Bequest of thirty-one Victorian oil paintings was received. A number of works by contemporary artists have been acquired and commissioned since the 1960s.
Civic Centre, Mount Pleasant, Royal Tunbridge Wells, Kent TN1 1JN England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit