Strathnaver Museum is housed in what was the Parish Church of St Columba, Farr, built about 1700. Made redundant in the 1950s, due to the union of the United and Free Established Churches, it was taken on by a group of local trustees and a museum collection was begun. In 1976 the museum was opened in the renovated building. A wide range of exhibits includes ancient carved stones, crofting items, fishing exhibits, domestic bygones and Boer and First World War medals and memorabilia. The story of the Highland Clearances is covered in some detail and there is a room dedicated to the Clan Mackay.