Sir William Gray House is the headquarters of Hartlepool Cultural Services, which includes the offices of the Museums and Heritage Service, the Arts, Events, and Theatres teams, our Learning Team, and our Volunteer staff. The building was originally built as a private house in the 1850s, and was owned by members of the Pyman and Gray families of shipbuilders and philanthropists, before being donated in 1920 to become the first Museum and Art Gallery in West Hartlepool. Fondly remembered locally as 'The Gray', it was superseded in 1994 when the service expanded and created the new Museum of Hartlepool, and Hartlepool Art Gallery. Enquiries relating our items on ArtUK, or for any of the teams noted above, can be made via our main contact details listed below. Visitors by appointment only, please.
Clarence Road, Hartlepool, Tees Valley TS24 8BT England
Before making a visit, check opening hours with the venue