Scolton Manor is located 5 miles north of Haverfordwest on the Cardigan Road. Scolton is a Grade II* house sited in 60 acres of park and woodland. Most of the County Collection is held at Scolton Manor.
The Manor is furnished in the style of the late nineteenth century and tells the story of the Higgon family who built the house in the 1840s and lived there continuously until the 1970s. The Higgons were minor landed gentry who made their money through a number of interests, from farming to coal-mining.
A painting in the Outer Hall shows the last Higgon to live in the Manor; and portraits of his parents are displayed in the Inner Hall. Another portrait in the Inner Hall is of the noted botanist Linnaeus, which was in situ when the house came under the care of Pembrokeshire County Council.
Other paintings of note are ‘Tenby Fisherwoman’ by William Powell Frith and ‘Still Life’ by Mark Fisher. The latter was gifted to the people of Pembrokeshire by Dorothy Evelyn Garratt in 1936.