Peter Scott Gallery is a key element of the combined arts organisation Lancaster Arts and houses a collection that has been developed by Lancaster University since the late 1960s. The Gallery is named after Peter F. Scott, CBE, in memorial of his benevolence to Lancaster University. The acquisitions made by Lancaster University have been bolstered by bequests, gifts and donations. The most significant bequest to the collection in terms of its holding of paintings and prints was made by Professor Irene Manton (1904–1988). By working with Lancaster University and the Peter Scott Gallery Charitable Trust, the gallery cares for and develops the collection. Although the collection is not on permanent display, it regularly appears in temporary exhibitions, through the work of Lancaster Arts and can be accessed by appointment.
Peter Scott Gallery
Lancaster University, Lancaster, Lancashire LA1 4YW England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit