Peckover House – known as Bank House until 1948 – once owned by the Southwell family and sold to Jonathan Peckover (1755–1833) in 1777, is the finest house in Wisbech. It stands on the splendid Georgian North Brink, on the River Nene. It was given to the National Trust by Alexandrina Peckover (1860–1948), whose nephew, Professor Lionel Penrose, had already given little Thorington Hall to the Trust in 1943. The finest painting, of a 'Family in a Landscape' in the style of Dou Gerrit, is from the bequest of Sir John Pater Gerald Maurice Fitzgerald (1884–1957), 21st Knight of Kerry.
National Trust, Peckover House
North Brink, Wisbech, Cambridgeshire PE13 1JR England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit