Kencot Manor Farm dates from the seventeenth century and is situated to the north west of the church. It was not documented until 1897, when it was included in the parcel of property bought by William Paintin. A tenanted working farmhouse in the late nineteenth century, before 1901 it became a gentleman’s residence, occupied by James Samson Furley (1855–1949), who bequeathed it to the National Trust on condition that his relative, Commander R. H. Fyson, RN, could occupy it for his lifetime. Furley’s portrait by Sir Oswald Birley is the only remaining picture at the house.
National Trust, Kencot Manor Farm
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit