East Riddlesden Hall, a green haven on the edge of urban Keighley, came to the National Trust virtually devoid of contents in 1934. The two-storey block on the south and the Starkie wing, built on the north side and named after a former owner of the estate, is all that survives of the original building. One of the few paintings now there, a portrait by a follower of John Riley of 'Elizabeth Gunter (b.1669), Mrs Nicholas Starkie' was acquired in 1984 from a Starkie family sale, because of the association of the name with the Hall.
National Trust, East Riddlesden Hall
Bradford Road, Riddlesden, Keighley, West Yorkshire BD20 5EL England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit