Barrington Court, built of warm Ham Hill stone by Sir Henry, 2nd and last Lord Daubeney and Earl of Bridgwater (c.1493–1548), was bought by the National Trust in 1907, and was tenanted and restored by Sir Arthur Lyle (of Tate and Lyle, the sugar refiners) from 1920 but is now empty. The only painting there, in the shop, is Cherryl Fountain’s 'The Kitchen Garden, Barrington Court, Somerset', commissioned by the National Trust’s Foundation for Art scheme in 1995.
National Trust, Barrington Court
Barrington, near Ilminster, Somerset TA19 0NQ England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit