The Court House (or formerly Town and County Buildings) dates from the early nineteenth century but stands on the site of a much older tollbooth. The current structure, built in 1818, with additions in 1848 (the prison block) and in the 1860s (a replacement steeple), has a central two-stage tower with four recessed flanking bays. The building operated as the town’s Council Chamber, prison and law court, and occasionally as its schoolhouse. It now serves as Highland Council’s local administration base.
Nairn Court House
Nairn, Highland IV12 4AU Scotland
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit