A house was built on the grounds of Pippbrook, Dorking in the 1750s by William Page and later occupied by William Crawford MP. The original house was demolished in 1856 and Sir George Gilbert Scott, in the employ of William Henry Forman, designed the Gothic Renaissance mansion that stands on the grounds today. The mansion ceased to be a private residence in 1928 and in 1931 Dorking Urban District Council bought the house and some of its grounds. The Council operated from the house until 1984, when it moved into newly built offices in the grounds. The four paintings in this collection were given to the Council and have been on display in Pippbrook house since.
Mole Valley District Council
Pippbrook, Dorking, Surrey RH4 1SL England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit