Due to Covid-19 restrictions, venues and exhibitions are closed until further notice. We recommend checking with the venues' own websites for up-to-date information. The Faculty of Divinity is an international centre of excellence for study, teaching and research in Theology, Biblical Studies, Religious Studies, and the Philosophy of Religion and Ethics. It forms a strong academic community combining outstanding research with teaching for more than 300 students. Of the three portraits owned by the Faculty the one painted by George Richmond of William Selwyn, Lady Margaret Professor of Theology (1855–1875), is outstanding. Not to be confused with his younger brother, George Augustus, also painted by Richmond and after whom Selwyn College is named, William helped raise funds for an earlier divinity school built opposite St John’s. This building has now been superseded by the new Faculty designed by Edward Cullinan, specially constructed in the round, on the Sidgwick Site. It was opened in the Millennium year by Her Majesty the Queen and is much admired. The Faculty of Divinity is not open to the public.
Faculty of Divinity, University of Cambridge
West Road, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire CB3 9BS England
01223 763 002https://www.divinity.cam.ac.uk
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit