Ealing Central Library was opened in 1984 on the first floor of the newly built Ealing Broadway Shopping Centre, replacing the former central library, housed from 1902 at Pitzhanger Manor House. The new library featured a lending and a reference library on the ground floor, a music library, a children’s library and a local history library on the second floor. It was officially opened by Lord Gowrie, then Minister for Arts. It was refurbished in 2007–2008. This also led to the children’s library and the local history centre being located on the ground floor and a study centre and computer centre on the first floor. There is also accommodation for meetings. The Local History Centre is responsible for the painting collection, which is mostly housed in this library and can be viewed by appointment. The paintings chiefly consist of topographical scenes of places within the borough by a variety of artists.
Ealing Central Library
Ealing Local History Centre, 103 Ealing Broadway Centre, The Broadway, London, Greater London W5 5JY England
020 8825 8194http://www.ealing.gov.uk/info/200461/local_history_centre
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit