The Brontës are perhaps the world's most famous literary family, and Haworth Parsonage, now the Brontë Parsonage Museum, was their home from 1820 to 1861 and the place where great, romantic novels such as 'Jane Eyre' and 'Wuthering Heights' were written. Bought from the church by Sir James Roberts for £3,000 in 1927, he donated it to the Brontë Society and it first opened to visitors in 1928. Since then millions from all over the world have visited. Many of the Brontës' manuscripts and letters are exhibited in the Parsonage and, as well as its literary significance, the house still retains a powerful atmosphere of the Brontës' time, giving a wonderful insight into their day-to-day lives. The rooms the Brontës once used are largely unchanged and filled with their furniture, clothes and personal possessions, as well as a range of domestic artefacts of the period.
Brontë Parsonage Museum
Church Street, Haworth, Keighley, West Yorkshire BD22 8DR England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit