The people of Alyth began raising money to build 'a handsome town hall' in 1884. The foundation stone was laid by the Earl of Airlie on 2nd September 1886 and Alyth Town Hall opened on 29th April 1887. Designed by Andrew Heiton of Perth, the Hall is built from local redstone with white freestone at all the corners and windows.
Today, the Hall is managed by Alyth Halls Committee operating under a Constitution & Management Agreement with Perth & Kinross Council. The main rooms within the Hall are available for hire and the Halls Committee and Community Council meet in the Council Chambers.
A small collection of oil paintings is displayed in the Council Chambers. This includes three late nineteenth-century views of Alyth by J. Geddes.