Altrincham's old town hall was built by Lord Stamford in 1849 in the Old Market Place, adjacent to ‘The Unicorn’ public house. Altrincham became an urban district council in 1895 and a new town hall was built in Market Street five years later. It was designed in the Jacobean style by the Manchester architect Mr C. H. Hindle and extended in 1930 by Mr F. H. Brazier, using plans prepared by Mr Hindle before his death. After the creation of Trafford Metropolitan Council in 1974, the administrative business of Altrincham was gradually transferred to Trafford Town Hall. Altrincham Town Hall was closed for refurbishment in 2005 and re-opened in 2006.
Altrincham Town Hall
Market Street, Altrincham, Greater Manchester WA14 1PG England
0161 748 9283http://www.trafford.gov.uk/
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit