Why gifts in wills are important
Leaving a gift in your will helps support our work across the UK, from improving the sustainability and accessibility of the nation's public art collections, to creating wonderful learning opportunities for people of all ages and backgrounds.
Please consider leaving a legacy gift to Art UK. No matter how large or small, your gift will ensure more people can discover the nation's art, by providing access to the 80% of works that are not on display in museums and galleries. Together, we can continue to make an impact and help keep art alive and relevant for generations to come.
Types of gift you can give
You can decide what type of gift you want to leave us:
- Residuary gift – you leave the remainder of your estate, or a percentage of it, once family and friends have been provided for (this type of gift is not affected by inflation, so keeps its value over time)
- Pecuniary or cash gift – you can specify an amount of money
- Specific bequest – you might leave a particular named item, such as a painting
Leaving a gift in your will – FAQ
If you're thinking about leaving a gift in your will, our FAQ page will help answer some commonly asked questions.
How to leave us a gift
You can either:
- Leave a gift to us when you make a new will
- Amend your existing will using a codicil form
Contact us about leaving a gift to Art UK
We understand if you would prefer to leave a gift anonymously. However, if you do wish to tell us about your gift, we would love the opportunity to thank you by inviting you to join us for behind-the-scenes studio tours, attend the annual supporters' dinner and experience a lively programme of social events in unusual and exceptional venues.
Our promises to you
- We understand that your family and friends will always come first.
- We understand that this is your decision alone and will never pressure you to make it.
- We will always respect your privacy, never sell your personal information, share your intentions, or ask about the size or type of your gift if you choose to support us in this way.
- We will keep you as up-to-date and informed as you like and offer you opportunities to come and see us.
- We will ensure that your gift is used according to your wishes. This will go towards Art UK achieving its mission to make the art in public collections available to everyone – for enjoyment, learning and research.
- We will always be here to help answer your questions honestly and openly.