By using this website you are agreeing to the use of cookies. Please read our Use of Cookies policy.

The Mayor's Slip

© the copyright holder. Photo credit: Tenby Museum & Art Gallery

How can I use this image?


Add or edit a note on this artwork that only you can see. You can find notes again by going to the ‘Notes’ section of your account.

This picture is perhaps the quirkiest and most unusual view of Tenby Harbour that the gallery has in its collection. This work shows the harbour and Castle Hill caught in the reflection of a pool collected at the bottom of the Mayor’s Slip. The figure seen in the bottom right-hand corner is instantly recognisable to locals, even in silhouette, as a well known Tenby boatman. Eric Bradforth was born in Sheffield in 1920 and upon leaving the Royal College of Art was asked to establish a Graphic Arts Department for the Royal Artillery, based at Manorbier, Pembrokeshire.

Tenby Museum & Art Gallery


  • Date


  • Medium

    oil on board

  • Measurements

    59 x 68 cm

  • Accession number


  • Acquisition method

    purchased, 1995


This artwork does not have any tags yet. You can help by tagging artworks on Tagger.

Tenby Museum & Art Gallery

Castle Hill, Tenby, Pembrokeshire (Sir Benfro) SA70 7BP Wales

This venue is open to the public. Not all artworks are on display. If you want to see a particular artwork, please contact the venue.
View venue

How you can use this image

© All rights reserved

All images on Art UK are protected by copyright and image permissions vary across the Art UK website. Please check individual artwork pages for information about permitted use.

This image can be used for non-commercial research or private study purposes, and other UK exceptions to copyright permitted to users based in the United Kingdom under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended and revised.

Some images on Art UK are available to purchase as prints and may be available to license for commercial purposes through the Art UK Shop.

For all other types of use please contact the owning collection. Their website may have more information about permitted uses and licensing.