By using this website you are agreeing to the use of cookies. Please read our Use of Cookies policy.

Rum Cuillin

Photo credit: Kinloch Castle, Rum (Scottish Natural Heritage)

How can I use this image?


Add or edit a note on this artwork that only you can see. You can find notes again by going to the ‘Notes’ section of your account.

Of volcanic origin, eroded by Pleistocene glaciation, these five mountains are part of the Rum Cuillin, an extension of the Cuillin on the neighbouring island of Skye. The peaks are popular with climbers and known as the Rum Cuillin Traverse. The view is east, across Glen Harris from a point near Loch Long. From left to right: Barkeval (591m), Hallival (723m), Askival (812m), Trallval (702m) and Ainshval (781m).

Kinloch Castle, Rum (Scottish Natural Heritage)

Isle of Rum

  • Date


  • Medium

    oil on canvas

  • Measurements

    119 x 182 cm

  • Accession number


  • Acquisition method

    purchased as part of the Bullough Estate, 1957


You can help us tag artworks on Tagger. The tags above come from the public, and also from an image recognition project run by the Visual Geometry Group, University of Oxford.

Kinloch Castle, Rum (Scottish Natural Heritage)

Isle of Rum, Highland PH43 4RR Scotland

This venue is open to the public. Not all artworks are on display. If you want to see a particular artwork, please contact the venue.
View venue

How you can use this image

© All rights reserved

All images on Art UK are protected by copyright and image permissions vary across the Art UK website. Please check individual artwork pages for information about permitted use.

This image can be used for non-commercial research or private study purposes, and other UK exceptions to copyright permitted to users based in the United Kingdom under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended and revised.

Some images on Art UK are available to purchase as prints and may be available to license for commercial purposes through the Art UK Shop.

For all other types of use please contact the owning collection. Their website may have more information about permitted uses and licensing.