By using this website you are agreeing to the use of cookies. Please read our Use of Cookies policy.

Lord Rowallan (1895–1977), KT, KBE, MC, TD, LLD, DL, as Chief Scout

© Aberdeen Art Gallery & Museums. Photo credit: The Scout Association Heritage Service

How can I use this image?


Add or edit a note on this artwork that only you can see. You can find notes again by going to the ‘Notes’ section of your account.

Thomas Godfrey Polson Corbett was born at Hans Place, Chelsea, London on 19th December 1895, and was educated at Eton. The First World War broke out when he was 18 and he went straight from school to the Army, serving with the Ayrshire Yeomanry at Gallipoli and in Egypt and Palestine. After the second battle of Gaza, he was transferred to the Grenadier Guards, won the Military Cross in France and was severely wounded in the leg.

The Scout Association


  • Date


  • Medium

    oil on canvas

  • Measurements

    118 x 82 cm

  • Accession number


  • Acquisition method



You can help us tag artworks on Tagger. The tags above come from the public, and also from an image recognition project run by the Visual Geometry Group, University of Oxford.

The Scout Association

Scout Information Centre, Gilwell Park Chingford, London, Greater London E4 7QW England

Not all locations are open to the public. Please contact the gallery or collection for more information
View venue

How you can use this image

© All rights reserved

All images on Art UK are protected by copyright and image permissions vary across the Art UK website. Please check individual artwork pages for information about permitted use.

This image can be used for non-commercial research or private study purposes, and other UK exceptions to copyright permitted to users based in the United Kingdom under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, as amended and revised.

Some images on Art UK are available to purchase as prints and may be available to license for commercial purposes through the Art UK Shop.

For all other types of use please contact the owning collection. Their website may have more information about permitted uses and licensing.