Llanerchaeron (‘clearing on the River Aeron’) has a vital connection with Walton Street, South Kensington. Not only do the actual collections in the former – of treen, corkscrews, children’s games, etc. – come from the house in the latter of Miss Pamela Muriel Ward (1908–1994) after the closure of her antique shop – but it was Miss Ward’s legacy that made it possible for the Trust to accept and take on the legacy by John Powell Ponsonby Lewes (1900–1989) of Llanerchaeron estate, with its house designed by John Nash (completed about 1795), and its remarkably intact set of estate buildings. In recognition of this, the National Trust – for Pamela had no known relatives – had her ashes interred in the nearby churchyard of St Non. One painting of any significance left with the house is a classic instance of nineteenth-century middle-class taste, Eugène Joseph Verboeckhoven’s 'A Sheep, Two Lambs, Cock and Hen in a Landscape'. The rest are by Pamela Ward herself.