Little Moreton Hall, a moated building in Cheshire, is arguably one of the finest surviving timber-framed manor houses in Britain built in the late fifteenth century. It was given to the National Trust by Bishop C. W. R. Abraham and his son, Mr Rupert Abraham, in 1938. Money was raised, including a donation from Lord Leverhulme, for repairs. In the Parlour there are magnificent wall-paintings depicting the apochryphal story of 'Susannah and the Elders', hidden behind wooden panelling for almost 400 hundred years, but there are only a couple of oils, in bad condition.
National Trust, Little Moreton Hall
Congleton, Cheshire CW12 4SD England
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit