The Tolbooth building in its present form dates from 1838. Its main feature is an impressive Court Room. The building is now used for Community Council meetings, but still contains a number of historical paintings. The collection of works in oil has been acquired by default, transferred with responsibility for the building. The core consists of official portraits from the civic artefacts collection, specific to Forres.
High Street, Forres, Moray IV36 1SW Scotland
Please remember to double-check the opening hours with the venue concerned before making a special visit