Clifton Park Museum is located close to the centre of Rotherham in South Yorkshire. The building dates from 1783 and was originally the home of the Walker Family, a local firm of iron founders. The Museum was opened in 1893. Recently, the Museum benefited from a large Heritage Lottery Funded refurbishment, and re-opened to the public in 2005. The galleries tell the story of Rotherham from earliest times to the present day. Collection highlights include Roman artefacts from the local Templeborough Fort; the renowned Rockingham ceramics collection from nearby Swinton, including the 1.2 metre tall Rhinoceros Vase which, when it was fired in 1826, was the largest piece of porcelain to have been fired in one piece, and Nelson the Lion, a popular exhibit with our younger visitors.